Here are the differences:
Visiting your physio:
- difficulty/ wait-list in finding a specialized physio in DR = delayed start time and golden window.
- travel time to and from regular appointments - babysitter consideration
- physio focuses on rehabilitating your core, and usually once a week, or once every 2 weeks.
- exercises are repetitive and done at your own time.
- regular office hours only.
- minimal support besides scheduled appointment
Joining TW program:
- a structured, customized and holistic program designed to heal your core, get fit and strong
- workouts are done at your own time, and even with your baby around
- all communication are responded in a timely manner, and you have video and chat supports.
- nutrition component which focuses on your diastasis recti and gut health to accelerate fat-loss and connective tissue building
- a personal approach by Becky and her team to help you stay the course
- fun and engaging work-along exercises so you are not bored
- a community of moms with similar situation as you to lean in and build friendships.
I recommend you see a physiotherapist specializing in women’s health to do a hands-on diagnosis and internal exam to assess the health of your pelvic floor when necessarily.
I also have a team of women's health physiotherapists in my network and am able to ask your specific questions to them.